Students will learn the importance of art in
Common Items and tools to Gather From Home for 2014-2015
I will not be ordering these materials for students but students need to have these at the beginning of the year. Please include in your student’s art box. Students, please label supplies with name/initials. These items do not need to be new and can be what you have at home already or from last years pencil box. All these items are required for each student.
- 1 - Storage box of some kind (plastic storage box, shoe box with lid, canvas bag with Ziploc baggies inside) just some container to hold all art tools and supplies. One that student can easily carry to class and keep materials organized.*
- 2 - Pencils (regular #2 are fine)
- 1 - Scissors (good ones that will cut a variety of materials)
- 1 - Set of colored pencils 12 colors OR 1- Set of color crayons (12 ct. )
- 2 - Glue sticks
- 1 - Black fine tip sharpie
- 1-Reg. tip sharpie-yes you will need both
- 1 - Small plastic container- ie: Glade Food Savers small size, with lid, that fits in box.
- 1 - Painter’s smock or apron or big t-shirt
- 1 – Ruler
- 1 – 1 ½ in. Binder
- 12- clear plastic sheet protectors
- 5 Page dividers labeled: Terms, Medieval, Asian, Renaissance, Calligraphy
- Tapestry needle-has large eye for threading wool thread& blunter point
- Sm. 6 or 12 in. embroidery hoop
*I have all my artist tools and materials in a big tool box from the hardware store.
Materials fee covers specialty materials for class time projects, copies fee, and other misc. supplies used to teach class. I order it all during the summer for the beginning of the year. Each student will receive their individual materials on the first day of class.
** Students should come to art class with supply box every Monday we will use a variety of supplies during each class time. Teacher will not have supplies on student supply list.
***Students it is also your responsibility to keep your supplies replenished when needed. If possible keep your art supplies separate from everyday school supplies**