Monday, September 8, 2014

First Things First!

Ephemera art from the Graphic Fairy 

In the past, I have assigned vocabulary words and they have been pretty hit and miss with students. So this year, I have decided to do vocabulary a bit differently.  I want students to know, know, know, the 7 elements of art and the 7 principles of design! To this end, your first assignment will be to complete my Vocabulary Palette! You will get this handout in class on the first day. I know this will be a fun and different way to utilize your vocab. words, I hope you enjoy this assignment. I will give you further instructions in class on the first week.

I have a glossary of art terms available for you on the co-op website or you can utilize an online source http://www.getty.edu/education/teachers/building_lessons/elements_art.pdf and http://www.getty.edu/education/teachers/building_lessons/principles_design.pdf or books from the library! You may use any of your medium in your art box. This assignment is due by week 2 and will earn you a bonus relic card. Oh yea! You must bring your finished vocabulary palette to class to earn your bonus card.

No comments:

Post a Comment